Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Singapore Food and Views

Look closely for views of birds (probably sparrows) swarming:
Views of Singapore Chinatown:

(Above right: SGD 3 meal, eggnoodles with a tea egg and fish balls)
This is a view of the Chymes (sp?), a renovated church which has restaurants, bars, and a lot of nice cars parked outside on the cobblestone driveway. The Japanese restaurant was pretty good, but had quite small pcs as you can see.
These pictures below are from a restaurant I do not recommend. It's called Samy's, and it is Indian. The food is very... local, in that there are flies on the food that you pick out before sitting down. I had stomach issues for a few days afterwards, and almost tossed my cookies at the table (maybe more b/c I am not used to Indian spices, vs. the actual sanitary levels).
Captions: (Fishhead soup, i did not try) (Squid, was pretty soft) (My plate, a leaf)

No comments: